eXp Realty is a National Real Estate Brokerage with an innovative business environment for collaborating, supporting agents with their listings and transactions, and an ecosystem for social interaction in and outside of the organization. At eXp Realty, our family of agents and brokers build their own businesses. They work, attend classes, strategize, collaborate, innovate, enjoy water-cooler chats, build teams, build unity and share experiences inside of our Cloud Office Environment.
The Manager of SEC Reporting is a key individual contributor to the success of the Finance Department. The Manager of SEC reporting will take a leading role with respect to the financial aspects of quarterly and annual financial reporting filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This position reports to the CFO.
- Prepare and review all SEC filings (e.g. Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, related XBRL filings, etc.)
- Research, interpret and implement accounting and regulatory guidance in order to derive accounting policy positions as part of technical accounting memorandums
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both internal reporting package and external filings, and to ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements
- Work with the investor relations function on the preparation of quarterly earnings materials
- Assist in preparing communications to the Audit Committee
- Work with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Help automate and improve current financial reporting processes
- Maintain an effective internal control environment as it relates to financial reporting
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5-7 years of combined public company financial reporting and audit experience
- 2+ years experience managing the SEC reporting function in a public company
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid project management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and effective working within a time-sensitive environment
- High degree of professionalism and integrity with ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- CPA license preferred
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.